This week I completed the front end backdate on my Porsche Carrera RS clone project. Before the RS Clone bumper can be mounted in its final position the seals needed to be installed. These seals are very visible on the finished exterior of the car, so the best time to sort that out is now. Since the longhood extension is now complete there was no place to attach the seal unless I screwed it down to the bumper. This is not the way factory did it and my concern was that the weight of the latched hood would eventually distort the fiberglass bumper cover. So instead of glueing and screwing the seals in place I made custom seal channel to attach the seals to the car instead of the fiberglass bumper. The added benefit of this approach is that the gap between the front bulkhead and bumper went away. The overall goal of the this RS clone project is to NOT look like a cheap kit car. I’m the first to admit that this is a hotrod budget build, but I don’t want it to look cheap in the end.
My bead roller has seen plenty of use lately and I really like using it for making curved bends in sheetmetal.